2023 golden globe awards It was another one for the book. Whether it was Jerrod Carmichael calling out the Hollywood Foreign Press Association outright, or Jennifer Coolidge blundering while handing out awards, or Ke Hoi Quan inciting Steven Spielberg, it’s wrong. I will try to live in my heart for the next few days without you.
In case you missed the show, here are 13 of the best things that happened during the show.
1. When asked how she knows when it’s the right time to go public on Instagram with someone on the red carpet, Nicole Byer replied, “When he fucks you well.”
2. When Jerrod Carmichael introduced Niecy Nash:
3. When Angela Bassett won globe Black Panther: Wakanda Foreverbecoming the first MCU actor to win an award in the acting category.
4. When Ryan Murphy gave this beautiful speech, he recognized the actors he had worked with, including Michaela Jae and Billy Porter.
5. When Colin Farrell starts raving (and maybe thirsty) after Ana de Armas presents the award.
6. When Rihanna and A$AP Rocky popped out.
7. When Jennifer Coolidge declined an award because she was tired.
8. Drunk AF when Mike White won the award.
9. When Jerrod joked about Will Smith.
10. So did Eddie Murphy.
11. Also when Regina Hall was swirling in the teleprompter script.
12. And when Quinta Branson yelled “probably stoned” Seth Rogen:
13. And finally, when Jerrod had to rally the crowd because people kept getting annoyed with the playoff music.
What was your favorite moment at the Globe? LMK in the comments below!